Hanami in Miyazaki 2023
This years hanami season was very beautiful.
Andi’s Hanami Report 2023-03-20: Currently some flowers have opened, but it hasn’t properly started yet.
Ipponsakura in Kunitomi is in full bloom, early as every year. Saitobaru is not yet flowering.
How to do Hanami
- Keep up to date on the state of the flowers. The hanami season is very short and always varies.
in Miyazaki full bloom is usually on April 1st, but it seems earlier this year.
- Find a spot you like and get some friends together
- Get a sheet to sit down.
- Have a picnic party under trees and enjoy life!
Top spots to see cherry blossoms in Miyazaki
- Saitobaru Burial Mounds
- Takaoka Amagajo Castle
- Darumizu Park in Kunitomi
- Tenjinyama Park in Miyazaki City
- Ipponsakura: Single Sakura Tree in Kunitomi. (Blooming early)
- Hanatate Park in Kitago Nichinan (Narrow Road)